Now what I really want is the Kitchen Aid Artisan Series Stand Mixer. I wouldn't go so far to say it fulfills my baking dreams, but its sure a step forward! What is even better is that it comes in a variety of colours you can pick and choose from. Pretty neat isn't it? Oh I want red by the way. Or Martha Stewart's Tiffany-ish blue.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Gadgetsville
I've been sitting on the couch since 8am this morning with last night's Grammys blaring on the box above the occasional drilling that is happening in the bathroom. Our landlord is getting the heater fixed, although we've, um, very much lived without it for most of winter thus far.
Now, buying a toaster has been on my to-do list for a while now.
I finally got round to it 2 days ago much to the BF's relief. The absence of a toaster has been an excuse for letting the bread go stale or the occasional morning grumpiness. So I went into Macy's yesterday with the sole intention of getting one to fix the problem. A walk thru the kitchen section uncovered many contraptions I've never seen or even knew existed.
1. onion keeper (yes onion keeper. ONION KEEPER?! ah.)
2. seed & stem remover
3. tower slicer
4. dough planers (a Martha Stewart invention perhaps? Apparently its supposed to ensure even thickness when you roll your dough. Ah right)
5. garnish slicer
6. strawberry huller
7. condiment gun
8. burger adjuster
Seriously, I don't believe half of these gadgets even exist! I know most are invented to make life that tad bit breezier but really, do we need a seed & stem remover? Or a tower slicer!? What happened to knives?? I won't even talk about the inane onion keeper or the burger adjuster or the condiment gun. 'Nuff said. Oh-k, maaaaybee a strawberry huller if you bake and want nice strawberries to decorate the cake? I dunno.
What I like is the mezzaluna. Not that I use many fresh herbs (thank you McCormick!) or own a herb garden. But I like how Nigella Lawson uses it with ease and makes it look so easy breezy on her shows!
Now what I really want is the Kitchen Aid Artisan Series Stand Mixer. I wouldn't go so far to say it fulfills my baking dreams, but its sure a step forward! What is even better is that it comes in a variety of colours you can pick and choose from. Pretty neat isn't it? Oh I want red by the way. Or Martha Stewart's Tiffany-ish blue.
Now what I really want is the Kitchen Aid Artisan Series Stand Mixer. I wouldn't go so far to say it fulfills my baking dreams, but its sure a step forward! What is even better is that it comes in a variety of colours you can pick and choose from. Pretty neat isn't it? Oh I want red by the way. Or Martha Stewart's Tiffany-ish blue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete