Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Bed of dreams
"Wishes suppressed during the day assert themselves in dreams," Sigmund Freud wrote more than a century ago.
If that is true, then I must be missing home. For a while now, I've been dreaming of Singapore. Not just the country per se, but mostly friends, colleagues and the food! Two nights ago, I even dreamt of fishball noodles! Ha. Funny, I know.
I don't think I've ever dreamt so much till we got this bed. Incidentally, the BF and this other friend, whose boyfriend bought the same bed as us, have also been experiencing a multitude of dreams. Hmmm.
Bed of dreams? I dunno. What I do know is that I feel awfully drained and 'removed' from my current situation every morning, almost as if I'm not here. Sometimes I almost need to do a double-take before snapping back to reality. Before I drift back to my dreams again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Going away is not too bad as well, innit?
ReplyDeleteNew country, new experiences, new stories to create and definitely more to learn about the BF. You're there. You can do it. You rock. :)