Monday, April 20, 2009

Guess where?

This weekend, we are schmoozing and hob knobbing at.. where else but DE HAMPTONS! Ha. Not just any Hamptons but the real deal in Long Island, where the very rich and famous hang out in summer. The journey here, albeit long, was rather enjoyable. We drove 2.5 hours south to New London, Conneticut, hopped on to the Long Island-bound ferry and another to Shelter Island and then the last one to Montauk, our final destination. By the time rest our asses it was 2pm. Our accommodation is considered the norm by Hamptons standards. If I could describe it, I'd call it old-school, out-dated and in need of an immediate overhaul. Haha. Ok saving grace - it has everything we need, the bathroom is comfortable (and A**!) and we get a sneak peak ocean view! But I guess those who vacation here must surely own their holiday home, so who cares about the zillions of old and crummy motels and B&B peppered all over this island. So what does one do in the Hamptons? 1/ I finally picked up tennis! Yeay. And I like it :P 2/ We rented bikes and hit the trails for most of today. Has anyone ever rode AGAINST the gusty wind?! Man the WIND annihilated us. I died. And died. Again and again. My knees died. My legs. My back. And most of all, MY ASS! It hurts so much I simply cannot imagine sitting on another bike seat for a while. 3/ People watch aka Celebrity spotting 4/ Eat and play Zoff Im Zoo :P:P Ok gotta crash now and be up 'n early for another of schmoozing! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment