Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Queasy in the tummy

Been having this weird unsettled feeling for a while now. The cause? I think its due in part to my feels-like-forever state of unemployment resulting in restlessness and edginess coupled with bouts of dejection from futile attempts in job hunting. Geez. It sounds quite serious doesn't it? The cure? *shrugs shoulders* Who would have known things would get worse (or worstestest) and we would be in the pits like this, when I left my job and took the plunge to move 15,000km to Boston? The current times have forced me to be creative and more thick-skinned in my ways to get employed. Ha. I've written and approached strangers, networked as much as I possibly can and given some serious thought to setting up our own biz - photography or selling my delicious baked goods. Obviously the last option requires some judicious planning so its still in its (very) infant stages. Oh well. On a brighter note, I get the sense that things are picking up, albeit slowly. Let's give it another 6-9 months before the first glimmer of hope surfaces. In the meantime, I should start my dog walking/ sitting service in the 'hood - yes, we even have a name for it already! Ha. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out! PS: On a separate note, its our *gulp* FOURTH year anniversary today. Eeeps.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations babe!
    And to Andoo... it can only get better from now. :)

    ReplyDelete