Friday, May 22, 2009
Dr Drew Part 2
I decided that last evening's Club Strength session will be the last for the week to rest the shins before resuming the ritual again come Monday.
However, this morning, when the BF bounced outta bed at 730am for his 600-calorie elliptical training, I thought why not. I learnt that for me, its always the initial inertia. Once I (actually and eventually) get my ass off the bed, I'm raring to go! So off we went again.
When we got to the gym, it was 815am. Man, I have no idea how the BF burns 600 calories in a 50 minute session (or I'm not working hard enough). I tried to keep up with his average pace of 160 strides per minute but only managed to burn 270 in 30 minutes. Poo. I later realised his cross ramp was 2 and resistance was 6! Geez. No wonder I couldn't measure up.
Anyways we will most likely hit the gym again tomorrow. I'm going to give classes a break for a few days - realised its all the jumping/ landing/ stopping/ starting and its resulting impact along with the uneven distribution of my weight that is causing stress on the shins, and attack the machines instead..
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AND, he weighs tonnes more than you do, so naturally the number of calories burnt - and consumed - will be higher than yours.
ReplyDeletethe pandy really doesn't consume THAT much more calories than me. he eats like a mouse. or i eat like a rat. ha.
ReplyDelete