Monday, April 19, 2010

Schwinn Winnie


Close-up


The weekend past was grrreeeat!


Because, I finally got my new summer ride. Made by Schwinn, "Winnie" is a step through cruiser perfect for commuting, errands and just good ol' fun. While the city is pretty flat, the easy-shifting 3-speed drive train takes the sting out of the hills, when needed. The original handlebars was huge and made me feel like I was driving a bus, so we swopped it out with something smaller for easy maneuverability. The leather seat is plush, comfy, cushy and wide enough for ride, after ride, after ride. And, she doesn't look too bad.


Winnie held up really well yesterday. Her Trans-Manhattan debut lasted five hours. Chinatown. East River. Hudson River. Uptown. Central Park. Union Square. Downtown. Now I can't wait for next weekend.


PS: At some point, the seat with baby pink (yikes) lining and cross stitched handlebar grips will have to go. I can't handle the ultra (though subtle) girlish-ness about it. 


PS: Check out the Linus Dutchie. Definitely a more polished, classier and slicker version of Winnie. But its almost too refined for the grit of NY. I couldn't bear the Linus being knocked, scratched or worse, nicked. 



1 comment: