Saturday, November 27, 2010
Happy Turkey Day
Thanks to Thanksgiving, we are enjoying the uber long weekend together (yay, finally!) checking things off the house and wedding list.
Yesterday was a great big day of prepping, cooking, whisking, saucing, basting, tasting, heating, creaming, baking and finally pigging and drinking. And more pigging and drinking. Till I almost passed out. Literally. I kid you not. If someone told me they'd feel physical pain from overeating, I'd believe them.
I think I exceeded my daily calorie intake by 10 times. I ate enough to last me till Christmas.
There was roast pho beef a.k.a pork, roasted veges, shrimp cocktail, salmon blinis, burrata, yorkshire pudding and a decadent 7,000 calories extra burbon dark chocolate pecan pie. And we came bearing our delish BBQ Pulled Pork, french rolls and a mean (heavy) Creamed Corn with Jalepenos (lip-smacking yummy!). So add another 5,000 calories there. Thanksgiving is no time for diets.
And what's a Thanksgiving dinner, or ANY meal for that matter, without the luxury of choice when it comes to dessert? I must confess here I am a sugar fiend. And so I made a so-good-you-can't-refuse Lemon Marscapone Blondie with walnut and white choc chip. Uhhhuhhhh. Gaaaazillion times more satisfying than the first choice tiramisu (which prompted the marscapone purchase in the first place and sounds really dull now). Y-U-M. Seriously. No, seriously. So serious I think brownies are now over-rated in my books and so yum, I made another batch today.
It was a fun and spontaneous night of drinking, eating, and hanging with friends. And the best part? A turkey got to live. Who needs the bird when you have the pig and a ton of sweets?
Ps: Pics to follow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i can't WAIT to find out what you're having for christmas!!!!
ReplyDelete