Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Bracing myself 1/18
Literally.
Today marks the first day of my 9-month long treatment with Invisalign. I am going to be documenting my virgin voyage with the clear plastic things on this blog with pictures and stories, some painful but hopefully mostly funny :)
Once the hubs gets back tomorrow, I will post some pics so we can chart the before, during and after journey. The aligners were fixed this morning after a series of refinement to create tiny gaps between a few teeth (so the chompers have space to spread out). The dentist was thoughtful enough to only create what is needed for this first phase of treatment so I don't look like I have visible gaps in my teeth at the wedding, and god forbid, eternalise on the wedding pics!
Its been a couple of hours now, and so far so good. There is mild discomfort, a slight lisp and a sense of tightness around the teeth, but that is to be expected. The only downside (and I can hear the hubs rejoicing now) is eating/ snacking and anything that revolves around the repetitive motion of stuffing my face.. will be a bitch. Imagine having to pop out the liners, eat, (find a bathroom), floss, brush, rinse, pop back liners. Repeat. At the rate I stuff my face everyday, it will be repeat x 10000.
Tsk.
What price I pay for vanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yup, I may actually lose some weight now that you're going to have to curb your cupcake stuffing.
ReplyDelete