Sunday, January 23, 2011

January


It's a little less than a month to the day and two weeks till we leave.

How time flies. Looking back, its been a year long and a bit of researching, planning and envisioning. Now with the very last leg to go, we are working to check off all the boxes and just enjoy being with friends and family when we arrive.

I have to admit I did get slight jitters thinking about the day (I hate being the center of attention). But right now between a very busy work schedule and the last-minute checklist, I haven't had much time to think any more about it. Which is good in a way..

Some updates:
1. THE dress finally arrived (!!!!)
2. But it looks less than desirable. And didn't cause the ooooh-squishy-ishy-take-my-breath-away-tears-in-my-eyes kind of head-swirly feeling. Hmm.
3. As a result, it is in the dress-magician's hands now *fingers cross*
4. After two very long years, I have finally (!!!!) landed a full-time gig at a place I see myself being in for a while.
5. "Best wedding present" - in Shaz' words.
6. This means post-wedding, we should very well be on our way to saving up for a home. Yay.
7. We've also managed to get our place sublet whilst we are away. Which means less rent to pay, more $ in the pocket.

All in all, it has been a more than an awesome start to 2011, and we are just looking forward 
to keeping the momentum going. 
How has the first three weeks been for you?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment