I miss Wren.
Her mischievous little grin and cheeky smile. How she demands to be picked up and refuses to be let down. The way she semi-runs, hops and leaps at everything and anything. Her fearless, daring, carefree spirit. Because.
We marvel at kids. We want them to stay that way. Don't grow up! Not too fast anyway.
We had a great time hanging out with Wren in Singapore. She was just a baby a year ago and now she's just starting to be a toddler. If I were a baby whisperer, I'd decode everything she said.
And as if the city read my heart, The Wren arround from where we are, opened over the weekend. Service left a lot to be desired but at the very least, the food made up for it. The menu was not extensive by any means but it was well executed, simple and pretty delish. Hubs had a skate sandwich which was perfectly battered, deep fried and wedged with pickled cabbagge in a ciabatta. I had a scallion-cheddar biscuit on a bed of frisee salad with bacon. Yummy. Just like Wren.
Looks like we'd back again. If not for the service, for the food and for Wren xo



No comments:
Post a Comment