I LOVELOVELOVE pineapple tarts. I look forward to CNY every year because its the only time I get to enjoy these little poppers without guilt. The soft buttery pastry melts in your mouth as you sink your teeth into the sweet & tartiness of the pineapple. It's all a pretty neat package, and I'm salivating just thinking about it. Mmmmmmm. Yummmmm. Its just about the only thing I love about CNY, well, apart from the ang pows of course.
I'm usually not a stickler when it comes to traditions, but for some reason I miss being back home this year. It's my first CNY away and everyone I know is back. There's no better time to be home than during CNY. Everyone tends to be in a better mood, there's good food, great booze and lots of family time. And then there is the long break. We had our own mini celebration with dim sum in Chinatown yesterday. It's not the same, but its as close as it gets. Well at least I don't get the incessant clanging, headache-inducing and rapid-eyeball-rolling music here!
Monday, January 26, 2009
CNY
I LOVELOVELOVE pineapple tarts. I look forward to CNY every year because its the only time I get to enjoy these little poppers without guilt. The soft buttery pastry melts in your mouth as you sink your teeth into the sweet & tartiness of the pineapple. It's all a pretty neat package, and I'm salivating just thinking about it. Mmmmmmm. Yummmmm. Its just about the only thing I love about CNY, well, apart from the ang pows of course.
I'm usually not a stickler when it comes to traditions, but for some reason I miss being back home this year. It's my first CNY away and everyone I know is back. There's no better time to be home than during CNY. Everyone tends to be in a better mood, there's good food, great booze and lots of family time. And then there is the long break. We had our own mini celebration with dim sum in Chinatown yesterday. It's not the same, but its as close as it gets. Well at least I don't get the incessant clanging, headache-inducing and rapid-eyeball-rolling music here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment