Friday, February 27, 2009
Words of wisdom
After gym class the other evening, I still felt like I had a bit of energy to burn. I hopped onto one of those bike things and started pedaling away while at the same time, flipping thru an issue of SELF.
(One of my favorite things to do at the gym is to catch up on celeb goss (haha), current issues with TIME, CNN etc whilst burning calories on the treadmill and stair master. Makes time pass faster doesn't it?)
And because I've been feeling rather sluggish and unmotivated till recently, 2 things in SELF made a lot of sense to me:
- The more you do something, the more automatic the choice becomes.
A lot of us probably already know this. But seeing it in writing actually made it seem clearer, and kinda empowering.
- Self control functions like a muscle that strengthens with practice
I'm guilty of this. Sometimes I make excuses not go to but really, its all a matter of self control & discipline and sticking to your priorities.
Now I feel a whole lot better and certainly more motivated. I also try not to think about going to the gym too much, cos I'm then allowing myself to make excuses.
I let it be a priority over other things I do and now it just becomes automatic :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment