Sunday, March 22, 2009

Feels like Tuesday today

And Monday yesterday. Because the BF is working again this weekend. On a wretched pitch due for Wednesday (no, not tomorrow, the real Weds. Ha) Perfect timing anyway, cos I'd be taking a drive down south (in a Uhaul, no less!) with Lucy, who is moving to NYC tomorrow. Ideally, I would like to spend more time in the Big Apple to make the 4-hour bus ride back worthwhile (I know its really not that long, but if motion sickness is going to hit me anyway, it might as well be for a longer time there right!) but I gotta be back in Boston for the HH interview on Thursday. Note to self: Better get used to travelling long distance on the bus now, seeing that more and more friends are relocating to NYC!!! When will our turn be?! :o( So! Anyways I had a small window yesterday and decided to make oatmeal raisin cookies again. I'm pleeaaseed to say it turned out very well! Haha. The first attempt was really forgettable (Jamie Oliver can't make cookies!!!) and this time, I used Bill Granger's recipe instead. It was HEAPS better and looks way more legit like what cookies should be! The recipe called for 2 1/3 cups of oatmeal to one cup flour which I think is the right proportion to the winning formulae. I also added a handful of dark choc chips for that extra 'oomph'. Yummmm.

1 comment:

  1. I concur. The cookies were awesome. I've eaten all 5 that she left for me in one sitting. BF.

    ReplyDelete