Sunday, March 15, 2009

Snowcation #2: Goofy or regular?

So after hitting the trails again this weekend, I still haven't confirmed if I'm goofy or regular. On a regular board, I feel more comfortable going down right foot first, but on a goofy board, it was the other way around. So much of today, I alternated between my left and right. I also learnt how to brake (Thanks Lucy!) which was pretty much all I did on the steep slopes with the semi-pros (5 year old kids included) flying off the trails. ABSOLUTELY ballistic is the word to describe me when I go too fast! The snow was beautiful in Sunapee - fresh powder you could almost smell it. Ha. The good bit is it makes for easier boarding and cushions the falls but the down side is that its sooo slippery! And the weather? Near perfect for boarding - clear blue skies with hardly a cloud in sight accompanied by lots of sunshine. What more could you ask? Hmm, except for a super weird sunburn mark from my XL sunnies, a very burnt nose (tip only) and parched lips!!! Yes, parched lips. I've never had sunburnt lips before! Its so bloody uncomfortable cos of the constant throbbing and looks like I rubbed chillies on 'em! :S So two full days of boarding from learner's baby slopes to ass-wiping tumbles and head first lunges, I did it all. No wonder the weekend felt heaps longer and more fulfilling than usual. The BF was obviously very happy, cos he got to hit the slopes again. I felt bad though, that he 'wasted' his precious slicing time to teach me the basics. But! I'm pleased to say I've graduated from the baby slopes and was even brave enough to ascent the summit! :P Jd, if you are reading this, we can exchange notes now! Wahahaha. If I had a snowboard report card, the BF would give me an 'A' for effort. But I'd say make that an 'A*'. Haha. Um, don't ask about the ski lift though, cos its another story altogether..

No comments:

Post a Comment