Thursday, March 12, 2009
Suit or baker?
Ha. I knew there has to be a reason I got the blazer!
Because... I scored an interview with Hill Holiday!!
Yeay. Ok so I haven't land the job. Yet. But receiving a call for an interview is a positive start. Even if it leads to nothing, I'd still be happy for the experience. Cos, I haven't been to an interview in FIVE years?! So definitely need to brush up some skills here.
Anyways I hope this will take away the (lack of) work blues for a while. I miss working. I miss waking up and getting dressed in the mornings. I miss meeting and interacting with new people. I miss the rhythm and the sense of purpose it gives me. Most of all, I miss the constant abuse clients hurl at us. NOT!!!!!! Ok seriously, what I miss most of al is earning my own keep and having my own to spend without feeling guilty or stress or having to think twice.
But there are always 2 sides to the coin aren't there? What I (absolutely) don't miss are timelines, deadlines and the dreaded phone call that says "I hate all of this. And you've got till tonight to give me another layout." ^%@!(*&$@!!! Such is the love-hate relationship I have with advertising. Its also incredibly thankless cos no one ever remembers you for the good stuff but nit picks at the small, minute and trivial bits. URRGGH.
Ok enough of this already. Think good thoughts now..
On a separate note. (The BF may not be happy to hear this!) Um. I still want the job at Flour. I'm so crossing my fingers they'll call me. I honestly, seriously think I will be more convincing at this interview.
Wish me luck now, either way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hope you'll get the call from Flour..and maybe Hill Holiday too! soon!
ReplyDeleteHa. Thanks babes!
ReplyDeleteGood luck sweetie! You can do it, just turn on the charms!
ReplyDeletehow's it going babe?? did flour call? have youhad that hill holiday interview yet? you may not have interviewed in a while but i'm sure the charm's still there... ;) all the best!
ReplyDeleteThats awesome news hon! Best of luck okie!!
ReplyDeletelove ya! xx
Thanks girlies!! Is Anonymous Jd?? ;)
ReplyDeleteNo news from Flour :( I don't think my resume is good enough. Plus there are over a 100 applicants so tough there. Oh well.
HH is next week!!!!!!!
Fingers xxx!