With Bill Granger's recipes in hand, my baked goods have turned out pretty good so far. The first cookbook I got not so long ago - "Bill Granger Everyday Food" - a farewell gift from my brother, is simply one of the best ever. Of course it helps that Bill Granger is the chef/ owner of the acclaimed Bills in Sydney, he's Australian AND I love Oz + everything about it. His recipes are also simple, easy-to-follow and oh so yummy! Its almost always a guarantee that whatever you pick from him is good and will turn out good ;) Oh plus, he uses both the Metric and English system of measurement (to cater to all users I guess). Sorry! I'm in the U.S! Everything here is based on the English system. Geez.
Anyway I had in mind to bake a batch of cookies this weekend (after 2 very failed attempts in scones and muffins! boo. I'll save that story for another day) so when I saw this recipe online for his chocolate chip cookies, how could I resist?
125 g. (4 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1½ cups of chocolate bits (I use semi-sweet dark choc bits)
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) Place butter and sugar in a bowl, and beat until light and creamy.
Add the vanilla and egg and beat again. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined - this will seem like way too much flour, but just keep folding and folding, it will incorporate!
Fold through chocolate chips*.
Place spoonfuls of cookie mixture on a lined baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
Cook for 15-20 minutes, until they turn pale gold.
Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing the cookies on a wire rack to cool further. Makes 16.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Bill Granger
With Bill Granger's recipes in hand, my baked goods have turned out pretty good so far. The first cookbook I got not so long ago - "Bill Granger Everyday Food" - a farewell gift from my brother, is simply one of the best ever. Of course it helps that Bill Granger is the chef/ owner of the acclaimed Bills in Sydney, he's Australian AND I love Oz + everything about it. His recipes are also simple, easy-to-follow and oh so yummy! Its almost always a guarantee that whatever you pick from him is good and will turn out good ;) Oh plus, he uses both the Metric and English system of measurement (to cater to all users I guess). Sorry! I'm in the U.S! Everything here is based on the English system. Geez.
Anyway I had in mind to bake a batch of cookies this weekend (after 2 very failed attempts in scones and muffins! boo. I'll save that story for another day) so when I saw this recipe online for his chocolate chip cookies, how could I resist?
125 g. (4 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1½ cups of chocolate bits (I use semi-sweet dark choc bits)
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) Place butter and sugar in a bowl, and beat until light and creamy.
Add the vanilla and egg and beat again. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined - this will seem like way too much flour, but just keep folding and folding, it will incorporate!
Fold through chocolate chips*.
Place spoonfuls of cookie mixture on a lined baking tray, allowing room for spreading.
Cook for 15-20 minutes, until they turn pale gold.
Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing the cookies on a wire rack to cool further. Makes 16.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i want theeeeeeese - can you send me some pleeaaaaaaaase -xx
ReplyDelete