I want a pooch.
Hmm so you wonder what got me interested. We were at a friend's place in NYC last week, and whilst I didn't expect him - all of 34 and a sorta manly kind of guy, to own a somewhat almost teeeny lil puppy-ish pooch so no, its not the "fierce" kind - it was the CUTEST little pooch with the puppy-iest eyes in the WORLD! Well, at least in my world. Heh.
I couldn't stop gushing and oooh-ing and ahh-ing and cuddling and squishing him. HE IS SO CUTE. Rookie is a mix of Poodle and West Highland White Terrier - Westipoo, if you like. He looks more Poodle than Westie and got his dark grey, almost black coat of the softest hair you can ever feel on a pooch from the poodle side of his family. I could almost smother him. And it help that his tiny size adds to the uber- cute factor!

Now today, whilst walking to the gym, we saw (haha ok, I'm not going to say cutest) the 2ND cutest puppy! At 8 weeks old, you could see that Murphy was still sorta finding his way around as his owner took him for a walk in the park. He looked like he didn't know where or how to walk. Haha. I've seen dogs like him around the South End where we live but I hadn't realised Murphy's actually a Boston Terrier! What a cliche huh.

Of course I'm old enough to know that dogs aren't going to be cute forever and they certainly don't live on cuteness alone. Dogs are hard work. Actually they are a lot of work (and for this reason, the BF would rather get a cat. He's more of cat-person anyway.) It's all good and well to get a dog now, cos I'm not working. But what happens when I do? Who's going to walk, feed, play with him? I'd have to pay someone to do that! Geez. And judging from the way my mum goes crazy with our 2 own dogs in Singapore, its probably wiser to think twice.. Actually, make that thrice.
No comments:
Post a Comment