Hopefully they'll get better by the time I hit Club Strength tonight.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Fatigue
.. of the gym kind, that is.
It must be our mid-week run to the Big Apple and subsequent foodscapade that led me to feel completely lethargic, out of sorts (and breath!) and disconnected with the last few days' work outs (You know, those days when your body is moving but your mind is stagnant?)
After 3 consecutive days of the elliptical and weights, I decided to take Monday off and hit the class on Tuesday instead. And boy, did I suffer. I was completely out of breath, disoriented, and really just wanted to lie down on my mat 10 minutes into it. At one point, I was close to walking out the door, because, I. Was. Seriously. Pooped.
On Wednesday, I bore the consequences of the work-out. My arms were aching, my ass was aching, but most of all, my quads were aching so much, I couldn't walk properly without feeling like I was 9 months due. Those squats and lunges completely killed me.
Its still hurting today but this morning, I got the foam roller thing out and stretched my quads like crazy.. Works like magic!
Hopefully they'll get better by the time I hit Club Strength tonight.
Hopefully they'll get better by the time I hit Club Strength tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment