Tuesday, July 28, 2009
East v West
I've been asked several times over the last 2 weeks if LA's my kinda city.
LA reigns for its 300 days of unceasing sunshine, proximity to world-famous beaches, being the world capital of entertainment, high celeb density, and of course, Hollywood.
NY, on the other hand, gets points for accessibility, walkability, high concentration of activity in any one area, uber-hip factor (for me, at least. though others beg to differ), architecture and the whole feel & vibe of a huge fast-moving city. Plus, I'd much prefer the fashion over that of LA any day.
Boston, although nothing very much like New York at all, has more similiarities to her big sister than the distant relative far off in the West Coast.
I think living in LA is a complete lifestyle change and one I'm not embracing, for now. And whilst I appreciate LA for all of the above, plus how precious So-Californians are about fitness and staying healthy, the car culture and inescapable traffic situation is quite another story altogether.
Hmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment