Friday, August 28, 2009
Change
Some people dread change. For fear of uncertainty and the unknown. For others, the very same trigger feelings of giddy excitement.
I know a lot of people prefer routine for the stability it brings. And that is the exact reason why I can't stay stagnant for too long. I get bored. I get tired.
Change, whether big or small, major or minor, is always a positive thing for us. I guess part of it has to do with the fact that though blind optimism can sometimes fail, it pays to be realistically aware of both sides of the coin. One of the best advice given to me was "Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst."
Even with something as major, or minor as moving 5 blocks down the street, we are looking forward to the change of surroundings, our new pad (albeit a lot smaller), new pieces of furniture, new neighbours and even simply, a new and different route to work, to the supermarket, to the gym and to our favourite cafe.
Whatever the end result is, its all part of the process of change. Isn't it all about the journey, and never the destination?
And is this not what living is all about? Finding joy in the littlest of things you do and feeling positively excited about all the things that make you happy.
I'm excited, aren't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hear hear love. Think settling/cruising is the worst thing ever. :)
ReplyDelete