Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fall into the trend: part deux

It is no coincidence magazines across the country are splashed with fashion spreads of fall wardrobe and essentials and getting organised for the new season, ultimately inspiring us to do the same and subtly reminding us that summer is almost (!!!!) over. (In Boston, that also means hordes and hordes of students entering and reentering the area. It is quite unnerving if you are not a student, to be honest.) As much as I hate to swap out my summer wardrobe (and I haven't even taken out all my summer clothes) and bemoan the demise lounge of my Havaianas, I'm secretly happy that the sauna-stuffy and desert-hot days are about to end (seriously, there's a whole new meaning to the term "sweating like a pig"). The days are getting progressively shorter and the climate cooler. With that in mind, I am feverishly excited by H&M's take on fall trends. I love the warm hues of peach, deep red, off-white and bronze. Most of all, I love the ease in which the multiple layers, though seemingly incongruous, are put together resulting in a look that is effortlessly chic and stylish all together. And paired with the season's ultra-cool patterned leggings and over-the-knee socks, of course. PS: Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get those socks?!

No comments:

Post a Comment