Saturday, September 26, 2009

1st week @ M!

is a bag of mixed feelings. The good part: - awesome to be back at work and interacting with like-minded people - earning my keep: double income rawks!!! - getting back the sense of purpose and rhythm - learning a new & different way of the ad biz in a different country - work is really just 15 mins away (so long sweaty walks and 45-min human-sardine commute to work!!!) - seeing passionate creatives @ work. that, in itself, is truly inspiring. The flip side? - waking up in the morning! ZzzZZ. - too much talk, too little action - meetings over the lunch hour (yes, 1st week at work and I had had 2 meetings that ran from 12-2. not 'lunch meetings' mind you. just meetings. apparently, people don't eat) - see last sentence above Lunch culture is huge in Singapore. People actually look forward to lunch i.e. time out, bitchin, goss, smokes, shopping. Here? Nada. "Did you pack lunch today Trish?" asked my colleague. I didn't. So week 2 - note to self: pack lunch. I don't mind it so much really. It saves money plus I only have to spend a fraction of that on maybe, a bubble tea + egg tart for afternoon snack :) I am getting my feel around agency life again. Guess one year hiatus doesn't erase six of late nights, weekenders, fire-fighting, creative egos and needy clients. But the bigger question beckons: Do I still have the same passion for advertising as when I first started wide-eyed, eager and hungry 6 years ago? This, I cannot answer.

1 comment:

  1. You might wanna figure out the last question soon... Cos' if it ain't about the passion then the least you could do is ask for a fat pay check. HAHA.
    Like that's gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete