Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The M! road


So its the end.

Quite sudden really.

HUMMER called on Thursday to say it can no longer afford to pay its agencies. Well, because GM was cutting them off. With immediate effect. Just like that. Like an abandoned, unwanted, homeless child.

And just like that, it was also the final destination. For me. (Not that it really mattered, but well, that's a story for another post.)

And now HUMMER is left on its own. With no birth right, parent or new owner to speak of. Frankly, who really knows when the sale will really close, if ever.  Us Chinese would know better - whether we can really be trusted. Haha. Never trust the Chinese, I said in jest to my co-workers.

Wouldn't it suck like hell to be a HUMMER worker right now? Last I heard, GM has halted HUMMER production till the sale is completed. And that was the only plant that was still producing HUMMERs.

Well, at least I'd say the ride on the HUMMER was good (albeit bumpy and frightening at times) whilst it lasted.

Better have ridden the HUMMER than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment