My encounters with truffles were mostly limited to the occasional risotto and more often than my waist line would like, rosemary truffle fries. But don't even get me started on that. Its like who even needs ketchup anymore, ha.
And then more recently, our latest obsession was the truffle sea salt we bought from the formaggio.
Now David Lebovitz takes it to a whole new stratosphere. With truffle hunting. I mean we know truffles are hunted by pigs (we do, right?) in the coldest months of winter, but David's gorgeous pics makes me wish I was there too. Right in the forest. With them. Pig included. (And it has to be a spotted one, no less.)
Ok. I won't lie. The idea of taking the spotted one, out to the forest, to hunt, for truffles, is a novelty to me.
Ok. I won't lie. The idea of taking the spotted one, out to the forest, to hunt, for truffles, is a novelty to me.
Check out his new post here.
PS: I wonder what happens if the porker really ate the truffle? Truffle bacon, anyone?
PS: I wonder what happens if the porker really ate the truffle? Truffle bacon, anyone?


No comments:
Post a Comment