I have my mind set on a pair of green wedding shoes but as luck would have it, I have yet to find the perfect pair, that checks all the boxes. And god forbid, I have a ton of boxes (What's new, right?).
The material or fabric, I realised, is kind of tricky. Wedding shoes more often than not default to those of the satin kind. And what makes this hunt a little more challenging is that, um, I haven't seen my wedding dress.
I have in mind also, to find a pair that I like and get it dyed, should I want to stick with green. I know the exact shade I'd go for. Easy enough for an eggshell wedding dress. What about the fuschia pink cheongsam?! Thank god there are specks of green in the form of jade buttons and teal/emerald green button hoops.
So between green, satin, suede, leather, glitter and a match-up for my gown and cheongsam, here are my shot lists:
![]() |
| From top left clockwise: Badgley Misckha Randall, Badgley Mischka Xolani, Christian Louboutins Prive, BCBG Mariah |
Ok -
1/ So I am well aware that the two pairs of BM look similiar, but wait, its the d'Orsay vs a covered pump, a floral applique vs a meshed ribbon. They are quite different. These made it to the shot list with the intent they will be dyed to the perfect shade of green.
2/ So I am also well aware that the two pairs of glitter shoes are similiar - but wait, the Loubs lean towards silver with understones of grey, almost black, whilst the BCBG pair is a mix of gold and silver.
So what do you think?
PS: This marks my 201 post since I started blogging 1.5 years ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment