Sunday, May 29, 2011
Weekend in SoCal
I'm writing this from our hotel room in the Viceroy @ Santa Monica.
The hotel decor is kinda geometric meets retro meets art deco-ish sort of, if that makes sense. Not exactly my cuppa of tea. But the view from the bed, when the hubs drew the curtains in the morning, is unbelievable. The water feels so close. I should have taken a pic, but ah the above will suffice for now.
Being a die hard glutton, of course I had to make this trip a food-focussed one. We've been eating so much on this trip but it's all good. Working out and eating loads makes me a happy and fulfilled camper. I'm not complaining.
This being my second visit to California, both times in summer, and yet I foolishly haven't learnt that SoCal summers are COOOLLD. At least 8-10deg colder than the East Coast. Unbelievable. I'm obviously underdressed. And maybe that's why I'm falling sick... Again. Grrrr.
For now, we are just enjoying the long weekend with Monday being Memorial Day and then 3 days of intense work before we fly to Virginia on Friday for a friend's wedding and then friends from home are visiting for two weeks.
(And the hubs leaves for Cannes right after).
FULL ON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment