Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Get barred




Fast forward a long-ish story short, this evening, a few colleagues and I decided to try out a barre class at Flywheel Sports - a new client of mine.

Not that I know much or even heard of it prior to taking on this new account, but for the uninitiated, barre workouts are allegedly the height of fitness fashion in NYC.

I did my due diligence and mentally prepped myself by researching about the class online. Additionally, I've been working out a fair bit, so I wasn't too fazed or nervous about it.

I've been a regular (ish) gym go-er for about 10 years now and overall, I'd say the class is very interesting and quite unlike anything I've done before. It stretches and challenges you in places you'd never thought possible. Described as a "sculpting boot camp" that combines pilates, yoga poses, dance, stretching, and strength training, the 60-min class was intense and exhausting with concentric repetitive movements reserved only for the uber- flexible, albeit at intervals (thank god!).

There were countless times where I was close to giving up and I certainly didn't complete every set. My lactic acid was over-running, and the burning sensation in your muscles is just indescribable.

Flybarre promises to deliver results fast - in 8 to 12 classes. I'm doing the overnight test and if all goes well in the next two days, I might be heading that way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment