![]() |
| photo courtesy of www |
Obviously I'm not talking about just any macaron, but a certain type of the Laduree kind.
Today, after much badgering and lots of kicking and screaming (yup, that's what Laduree does to a grown woman), the hubs finally relented and up to the UES we go. Of course the macaron had to be earned so we decided to ride up instead of being lazy asses with the subway.
We arrived at half two and a fairly long line of about 10 or so people were already ahead of us. We waited in line patiently, and every so often I would excitedly peer into the shop so I could start deciding what flavours I wanted. Pig.
The macarons weren't as pricey as anticipated, each going for $2.70 each. We left with six - Pistachio, Praline, Rose Petal, Orange Blossom, Currant & Raspberry (altho now in hindsight, we should have gotten 12, because by 5pm, half were already in my tummy). These Laduree macarons were unlike any I had before. Each bite was soft on the inside, slightly crunchy on the shell, fuzzy and flavourful with equal part cookie-to-filling ratio. Read: PERRRFECT - I'd image this is what clouds taste like. Vibrantly coloured, uber tasssty clouds that is.
Each also sent me into a tizzy and I. Couldn't. Stop. I am officially obsess.
Looks like another schlep up to the UES is in order.




A resounding YES! It was pouring in Covent Garden so there was no Q in sight! Methinks biting into a Laduree macaroon is a ladylike affair. You take a nibble, pause, chew on it ever so slowly and then observe as your whole body lightens up. Vanilla flavour was sensational as well.
ReplyDelete