Starts with "A".
A for apple.... apple picking!
I've been telling everyone here that apples grow in supermarkets back home, so its only very natural I got overly excited (like a 3 year old) about visiting an orchard, seeing actual apples on trees and plucking them.
28deg and clear blue skies made for a perfect day to be out and about. There are several varieties at the farm we visited in Morristown, NJ. Cameo, Rome, Stayman and the more popular Golden Delicious. My favourite part of the afternoon was spotting the perfectly blushed, mid size, unblemished babies and plucking them. Eating, not so much.
![]() |
| Hubs happily testing the goods. |
![]() |
| One for the camera. |
![]() |
| Joisting for apples. |
In the end, we got carried away and lugged home almost 20lb of apples.
Apple pie, apple strudel, apple cobbler, apple tart, apple galette, apple sauce, apple muffins, apple scones, here I come. If you are hoarding a must-try apple recipe, pray tell!
![]() |
| (hubs as mule) |
The farm was also selling pumpkins and I couldn't resist taking these shots.. Love the shades of colour that are so reminiscent of fall.
| And ta da. One for you and one for me. |
![]() |
| HAPPY PICKING DAY :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment