Sunday, January 15, 2012

January blues


Jan blues are the worst to deal with.

Especially since I feel we hardly had a holiday.

Back home, we have CNY hot on the heels of Christmas and New Year to nicely prolong the festivities. Here in New York, its go go go "because the holidays are over and its full steam ahead". Kinda shite if you ask me. I worked through the friggin' holiday, with a whooping cold to boot.

Having said that, Mother Nature has been strangey kind thus far. Can you believe we haven't had snow at all? Some weakish flappy dusty flurries were spotted on occasions, but she hasn't unleashed her fury like years past. Hmmm. Kinda makes me wonder when the crazy storm will hit.

Yesterday though, some say, was the "official" start to the winter. Temperatures were hovering around 0 C with gusty winds, it was too cold to walk! I ducked into the cabs on several occasions when we were out and about. A quick check on Accuweather revealed it is about -3 C today with a current real feel of -13 C. That's right - 13 C.

Sheeeesh.

Scorching heat, here I come!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment