Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For now


I always thought you must either feel one way, or the other.

So when I chanced upon this post on one of the blogs I follow, it struck a chord with me.

I don't not want to have kids, but by the same token, I don't seem to want them too much either. I'm driven more by the fact we may live to regret our childless state by age 50, than relish the joy of procreation. I don't want to miss the boat and age band of "fertility. I don't want to be the only mom over 40 picking my kids at pre-school.  I don't want to hobble after my kids, or work till 75 paying for college. BUT. My ovaries aren't aching, my oven is happily chilling and my biological clock is only ticking because I know the eggs have an expiration date.

So what is it? I'm 50/50. And until the scale tips one way or the other, I'm really good to sit on the fence. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Every child is a gift from God, so if you're meant to have you, you will. :)

    ReplyDelete