Last year, we were willing so hard for summer to come and fast forward one year later, it's here before we even know it. This past winter has been ridiculously mild, so perhaps we never really felt like summer had to come.
That being said, hubs and I kicked off the warm weather with a long weekend trip to Montreal over Memorial Day weekend. It was my first visit to Canada and I was beyond excited.
Montreal is such a lovely city. I know the French don't think much of the Montrealites when it comes to their linguistic abilities, but I was truly enamoured by the city. Old Montreal has an attractive old-world charm with its cobbled sidewalks, old bank buildings and amazing architecture. The Montrealites are great, friendly, happy people. Service was knowledgeable and excellent wherever we went and the food was just amazing. We were properly fed and extremely satisfied in our three days there.
It was a refreshing change from the modernity we are exposed to in NY, and I think we'd be back again. Even if it isn't for the exposed brick wall in our hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment