Wednesday, August 22, 2012

{Private}

I've never really thought about it. Like really, why would I? When would that come up? I mean there are airlines and there are trains, phones and there's always emails.


Plus, my dad doesn't own one. Neither does the husband. And last I checked, I ain't the President, or the CEO, or the CFO.

But this past Thursday, the opportunity came. I was in quite the disbelief when I heard it. I. flew. private. for. a. client. meeting. in. MA. Heck, it wasn't even a "client meeting". It was an excursion to see a disc golf tournament, sponsored by the client (we'll save the details of the disc golf for another day). It was supposedly an immersive experience for the agency. And oh no, we couldn't fly commercial, cos "timings didn't work out". So what else would we do? We flew private.


The experience was pretty surreal to say the least. We arrived at the regional airport in Long Island where you know rich people park their planes with the easy convenience of a nearby runway, so they could simply jet off on a whim, wherever their hearts' desire. Ahh yeah, that kinda rich. No security, no check-ins, no scans.

And that was my work day on a ezpz summer Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment