Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Cheapskate, I'm not!
With no intention of sounding like a cheapskate.
I LOVE bargain shopping. I'm not talking about the lame GSS Singaporeans go ga-ga over. I'm taking about serious mind-boggling slashing here. A minimum of 75% off and more (perhaps also a clear sign of the tough times we are facing).
Ok I know there's no real reason for me to be shopping cos I'm neither earning (hence no moolah) nor working (and hence no reason to dress up) but, there's also no reason for me to pass up on a bargain when I see one right? Right?
Club Monaco is one of my fav brands to check out whenever I'm out and about. I love its clean, refined lines and well-constructed pieces (I've always told the BF that I'd get my impress-the-boss interview clothes here when I land one!). I also like how b+w is juxtaposed with the season's pop of colour that makes it so edgy and fresh. So yesterday, I wandered into Club Monaco again and guess what I found! A true bargain, and one that is so this season.
Blythe Club Blazer
Used to be $199 (beat that!). Steal this: $49
I also snagged this: Elisha Shirt
Used to be $89. Steal this: $28
Truth be told, I'd never buy the items on full price in a hundred years. Cos 1/ its a tad bit expensive and 2/ I know for sure that prices will come down somewhere somehow. And look, it paid off! It also helps that XS isn't a popular size for the Americans here :) I've learnt how shopping works here now and will always wait for the item to go on sale if I can afford the wait (Patience has never been my best virtue but now its practice makes perfect!).
Who knows when I'll wear the boyfriend blazer? But whatever's the case, I'm absolutely pleased with my 'recessionary' finds and cannot wait to unearth more! Wahhaha. Now say good-bye to full-priced shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment