Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pre-spring adventure

So we finally took our snow-cation on Sunday, much to the BF's delight. Well, I gotta say I was initially a bit hesitant cos I'm definitely not anywhere near good or even average when it comes to snowboarding! I even had butterflies which later became bats in my tummy the closer we got to the mountains *gulp* The mountains here work a little differently from those in Oz. I remembered I could rent my boarding attire (jacket, pants, gloves) but here, they only lease the equipment to you, which means on Saturday, the BF and I were on this shopping frenzy to buy all our stuff! We darted in and out of several snow/sport shops and managed to snap up quite a few bargains (being the end of the winter season, lots of stuff were slashed up to 70%!!). I still need a pair of pants though so the hunt continues. The weather, some 13 deg, was very lovely but not exactly ideal for snowboarding as the snow quickly turned into slush. But for the amateur like me, it didn't matter much anyway. On the other hand, the mountain wasn't challenging enough for the semi- pro in the BF which he refers to as 'baby hills'. I think he got tired after a while cos it wasn't that exciting so he decided to teach me on the practice slopes instead. Ha. I'm glad to say I've made some progress on the slopes by the time we left. And since some 8 years ago the last time I snowboarded! Managed some turns and polishing up the brake. Ha. I won't go so far to say I'm ready to take on the big slopes (I'm still terrified when I go too fast!!!) but the confidence level is definitely higher. The BF wants to make this a weekly affair so it definitely looks like there's no excuse now!

No comments:

Post a Comment