Saturday, April 11, 2009

Home Sweet Bean Town Home

Ah its awesome to be back. In my bed. In my house. In my town. And most of all, a stop to the horrendous bus rides! Which deserves a paragraph or 2, maybe 3 in this post. Bear with me! Bos - NY It was all nice and cheery as we made our way into the Bronx and then to Harlem (the usual route Boston buses take to the drop off point in midtown Manhattan) and I thought gleefully to myself that it wouldn't be much longer. This last leg of the race typically takes, say 30 mins tops to midtown. But as daylight turned into dusk *taps fingers*.. I peered outta the window at every turn of the light, counting.. 102nd... 94th.. 88th... 74th... 66th... 58th.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. By the time we reached our destination, an hour had passed *puke* *gag* Did I mention that the bus driver did NOT make a rest stop? Tsk. And by now, most of you would know I'm a motion sickness bunny. As soon as the bus came to a halt, I grabbed my bags and jumped off. At this point, I could no longer subject myself to another moving vehicle and decided to walk (and it was BLOODY windy?!?!?!?) 20 blocks to Ruo's.. NY - Bos I arrived half an hour before schedule to put myself on standby for the earlier bus. Much to my delight I managed to get on and was happy that I'd be home before sundown. Yeay. Hmmm. YEA RIGHT! The first 3 hours flew as I dozed in and outta my drugged state. After our rest stop, the driver announced that we are an hour away from Boston. Yeay! Time check: 546pm. So happily I called the BF to say I'd be back before 7pm. ......... 646pm: We barely moved from our rest stop! 750pm: It was dark AND we were still on the freeway with MILES of traffic before us. 820pm: We finally made it past the last tollbooth. The end is near!! Our driver must be behind his schedule as well, as the bus literally flew as soon as the road was cleared. I finally got in at 823pm, which is over 2 hours from the scheduled time!?!??!?! JAYZUS!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course I was not the happiest chipper on the block upon arrival. The poor BF wasn't spared from my wrath but was sweeeet to put up with it. Note to self: Never take the afternoon commute. EVER. AGAIN. I was confident I'll miss (albeit, narrowly) the rush hour commute but needless to say, I got hit (in the face!!!) with a double whammy. What began as a typical 4hr commute between the two cities turned into a 5 hr and 15 min ride there and a freaking SIX HOUR ride back. *&%@~!)(&$#!!!!!??? (PS: The sequel to the infamous 'Clash of the L*os' premiered this week to a disappointed crowd. Word has it that the star of the show didn't impress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment