Sunday, April 12, 2009
My Red Luscious Babies
Take 1
Take 2
Going.. Gooone!
Don't they look lovely! *beams* Must admit I've developed a slight obsession with red velvet cake since discovering it six months ago. It must either be its deep red hue or the finger lickin' cream cheese frosting, or a combination of both that makes the cake so alluring and visually pleasing to the eye, and not to mention the mouth. YUM.
I did my research online, trawled the Net for recipes and even read reviews in my quest for the yummiest one. I think I've landed the perfect recipe (albeit from an Australian and not a South American!) cos these lil babies were delicious, if I may so myself. Ha.
The frosting was made by hand as my 'Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer' is nowhere in sight *hinthint*. Everything was whipped, beat, blended with my trusty ol' wooden spoon! Good use of those arm muscles there! And my first attempt in cupcake decoration definitely needs some finesse and a notch up in the creative department.
Hmm ok, so these aren't hot cross buns but Happy Easter anyways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Send some over! Are you coming back soon?
ReplyDeletewah nice!
ReplyDeletesinnnful-nesss babes!!
ReplyDeleteyou must baked somma these for me!!!
yums!
miss you!!! xx anonynous jd haha
hey chicas! i'll try when i get back! IF there's an oven anywhere! Ha.
ReplyDeletemiss y'all! xoxo
ps: back in oct babe!
are there any left on friday when I get in????? :P
ReplyDeleteHaha there are 2 more sweetie! But I'm baking more today.. Maybe cookies?
ReplyDelete