Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chinesey

After 8 long months, the Chinese in me is finally kicking. I've been craving for Chinese food of late. Not Asian (nope, not Jap, Viet or Indian) but CHINESE in particular. I find myself gravitating towards Chinese versions of what I usually cook. Case in point. Earlier this morning, I stared at the pork chops in the fridge and pondered on what I should fix for dinner tonight. Nah, no honey mustard or pan-fried glazed or some apple sauce, I felt like something Asian.. something.. Chinesey. "Maybe Sweet & Sour Pork?" I thought. (my absolute favvv dish of all time!) I dug around for capsicum. Nada. Then like a loose and random light bulb that flicked on "Why not Hainanese Pork Chops!" I exclaimed to myself. That shouldn't be too hard should it. I'm no Hainanese, but surely one cannot refuse with a yummy concoction of ketchup, potatoes (yumm) and fried juicy pork chops. Sans peas. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment