Saturday, August 21, 2010

The power of the dress



I've never been one of those girls who dreamt of a fairy-tale wedding day in the prettiest over-the-top white gown with the longest train.  Nah, that was never me.

In fact, I never even thought about it till three months ago, when I realised hey maybe it is time to start looking. And then I finally started doing some real research a couple of weeks back. I've always felt though that I didn't want or need a gown, it was always clear in my mind that something chill, low-key and understated is more me.



This 3.1 Phillip Lim was the first which caught my eye. I love the open back, the ruffles, and the maxi cut.




A Vera Wang somethin'-somethin. Love the asymmetrical shoulder, the draping and the little side bow on the back. 

White Wedding by independent designer Sarah Seven. LOVE the train. LOVE the understated elegance.


Ok, so there is nothing understated or simple about this dress. But I was drawn to the multi-tiered ruffles, the scoop neck and the photography. By Vera Wang.

1 comment:

  1. I love dress 2 and 3, especially the bunny ears the model is spotting with dress 3. LOL!

    ReplyDelete