Hubs wanted to commemorate our 3rd year city hall anniversary with something leather AND brought me to go shopping when he came back from Toronto that morning. I certainly didn't expect it because it's quite unlike hubs to suggest shopping and even more unlike so, when he just landed that morning. So sweet. Heehee.
So I've been lugging my latest obsession around. And I love it.
Being a bag whore, I have enough bags to know what works for me and what doesn't. And it really doesn't matter whether it is a Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs or a recyclable tote, because if it is comfy, suits my needs (and outfit!), and doesn't look (too much) like shite, I'll carry it.
Weight aside (which actually isn't as heavy as I remembered.. Maybe he heard feedback and "lightened" it?), it is quite the perfect bag in terms of:
Looks
+ I absolutely adore the brass stud base and matching hardware. It's such an interesting contrast against the pebbled leather. Not too lady-like with a masculine edge.
Size/ Depth
+ It is roomy enough for all the essentials and more - scarf, water, lunch and shopping without feeling I'm lugging my kitchen sink
+ Because it is horizontal with a good solid base (i.e. not saggy), it is easy to locate stuff when I need them. Without burying my head inside it.
Compartments
+ Two interior pockets for my cell phone and metro card and zipped compartment for extra security.
+ Exterior hidden double side gusset zip pocket adds subtle detail
Carryability
+ Double hand allows me to carry it with my shopping bags :) and the body strap is great for biking
Wearablity
+ Most of all, I think the colour which Alexander Wang named "Petrol" is awesome. It is a nice contrasty blend against my mostly black/ navy/ neutral wardrobe. Plus, it'll work through fall/ winter.
What's not to love about it? Thanks hubs XO.

No comments:
Post a Comment